VTL Phono Preamplifier TP6.5 Signature
The TP-6.5 Signature Phono Stage is designed to complement and match the TL-6.5 and TL7.5 Linestage Preamplifiers in sonic performance, user interface and cosmetics. This all-new product was designed from the ground up to redefine the current state of the art in standalone MC step ups and to stand as a reference phono stage worthy of the top VTL linestage preamplifiers, the TL7.5 Series III and TL-6.5 Series II.
The TP-6.5 will appeal to current VTL linestage owners who have been waiting patiently for a matching phono stage. The phono stage employs hybrid JFET/tube circuitry for quiet operation, multiple low-noise cascaded regulators and shielded power supplies for dynamics, accurate 4-corner passive RIAA equalization and 68dB of gain from the balanced outputs, all in a single chassis unit. All of the required user settings are offered via the front panel as well as by remote control.
The new design yields a wide and deep soundstage, realistic image proportions, and startling dynamic range and speed, with massive headroom capability and low noise. The TP-6.5 easily resolves the most delicate and nuanced aspects of music, such as in the way the sustain and decay of instruments are captured; yet at the same time it retains the classic VTL characteristic of solid and controlled bass.
The TP6.5 also offers a high quality transformer Moving Coil step up option, both to offer a low-noise MC step up, and a second MC stage. This second MC input replaces the original MM input that is normally standard in the TP6.5 Phono Stage, and uses the existing MM input to provide access to the transformer MC step up.
The addition of the step up transformer allows both for appropriate loading for very low-output cartridges, and the flexibility of handling different cartridges with different step up methods, as in some cases certain cartridges can sound substantially better with transformers than they do with active gain stages. The transformer also allows the cartridge to be loaded via the transformer, instead of via the loading resistor, retaining as much of the signal available from these cartridges as possible.
Switching between the inputs is done only after the signal has been amplified, avoiding signal losses inherent in switching the fragile MC signal straight from the cartridge.
This option offers the maximum MC cartridge handling flexibility, and also accommodates multiple arm/cartridge setups with multiple MC cartridges, as both inputs can be connected simultaneously.
The IT-85 is designed to accommodate future upgrade — when you are ready to add a subwoofer, separate pre- or power amplifier, surround processor or headphones to your system, the IT-85’s many different output stage configurations can be easily and painlessly re-configured, often with just the flip of a switch. Hand built in our factory in California with the proven VTL quality, the IT-85 will give you lasting value and listening pleasure for years to come.
- High power, capable of driving a wide range of loudspeakers
- Remote controlled volume and mute (custom remote wand), automatic mute on power up and down
- Pure tube active line stage, with buffered pre-out and regulated B+
- One pair of processor loop / direct amplifier inputs
- One pair of tape outputs
- Amplifier-driven headphone output, front panel selector switch (pre out mutes on headphone insertion)
- No-load automatic shutdown in headphone circuit
- Built-in upgrade path for precisely gain-matched horizontal biamping with VTL ST-85
- Extruded machined aluminum front panel in silver (standard) or black, and protective cage
- High quality VTL ST-85 power supply components and output and power transformers
- Easily accessible individual output tube bias measurement and adjustment points on top deck
- Angled-back chassis for easy access of inputs and outputs, sturdy quality structural fit and finish
- Detachable IEC power cord, high quality gold-plated VTL custom binding posts and RCA jacks
- All hand-built in the VTL California factory
- Vacuum Tube Complement: 2 x 12AU7 MC (MC Stage), 2 x 12AX7, 2 x 12AT7MM, 2 x 12AT7
- Inputs:2 pairs single-ended/RCA
- Outputs:1 pair balanced out XLR out, 1 pair single-ended RCA out
- Remote control functions: Power, MC/MM Source Select, Gain up/down, Mute, Rumble, Load, Mono, Phase
- Maximum Gain: MC: 62dB single ended, 68dB balanced, MM: 35dB single ended, 40dB balanced
- Output Impedance:150Ω
- Input Impedance (Cartridge Load): Selectable MC: 100Ω, 250Ω, 470Ω, 1kΩ, 2.5kΩ, 4.7kΩ, 47kΩ, User Defined
Selectable MM: 10kΩ, 22kΩ, 47kΩ, User Defined
- Frequency response +0-1 dB: 1Hz – 100kHz
- Maximum Output Voltage <1% THD: 10 VRMS @ 1kHz (10kΩ load)
- Channel Separation: >70dB @ 1kHz (>65dB @ 20kHz)
- Power Consumption: 80 Watts
- Dimensions W x D x H: 17.5 x 17 x 4.75 inches (44.45 x 44.45 x 12.06 cm)
- Weight: 50lbs (22.72kg) Fully packed in one box
more from VTL
|TUESDAY||9.30am till 5.30pm|
|WEDNESDAY||9.30am till 5.30pm|
|THURSDAY||9.30am till 5.30pm|
|FRIDAY||9.30am till 5.30pm|
|SATURDAY||9.30am till 5.30pm|