Shahinian Acoustics Arc Floor Standing Loudspeakers
The ARC represents the very essence of Shahinian Acoustics design philosophy. A refined reduction of the Citation 13 which I (Richard) designed in 1970 at Harman-Kardon, it is the synthesis of 30 years of investigation into loudspeaker geometry. Cost-effective, compact, elegant, flexible, ideally suited for reproduction of natural instruments and voices. Its vertical, angular, indirect presentation produces such a sense of effortless space, as to make most conventional speakers sound like mistakes. (Which they are, anyway, so there!) Seriously, though, the ARC is so convincing in its re-creation of the real event, one concentrates on the music and forgets the means. A wide variety of room placement choices are possible, as the shape lends to partial blocking behind furniture or plants. The bass response is ample and clear down to 30 Hz, and organ pedals in particular will surprise you with the lack of Doppler interference. Bass drum explosions from a speaker of this size will truly astound you. And yet, a solo harpsichord will produce no weight of tone beyond its own. We are most proud of this speaker, which was chosen for a design and engineering award at the 1984 C.E.S.
- Rear-mounted passive radiator design with 8-in polypropylene curvilinear cone woofer with 1 ½” high-temperature patented D.D. voice coil and 28-oz ceramic magnet; 38-mm titanium ultralight exposed dome midrange, and 1-in titanium-neodymium supertweeter. 3.0 amp quick blow fuse; filters at 6 dB woofer, 18 dB midrange, 18 dB tweeter. Dual binding posts.
- Power handling: 250 W max
- Frequency Response: -3dB/28-18,000 Hz
- Nominal Impedance: 6 ohms.
- Sensitivity: 87 dB
- Dimensions: 14 ¼” x 27 ½” x 9 ¾”
- Finish: Oak, Walnut, Cherry, or Black
Weight: 33 lbs.
more from Shahinian Acoustics
|TUESDAY||9.30am till 5.30pm|
|WEDNESDAY||9.30am till 5.30pm|
|THURSDAY||9.30am till 5.30pm|
|FRIDAY||9.30am till 5.30pm|
|SATURDAY||9.30am till 5.30pm|